Thursday, July 23, 2020

Travis Wolfe Jr. Shines in "Bob Heart Abishola" - TV



(C) 2020 by Rych McCain, All Rights Reserved. No part of this column may be reprinted, re-posted or duplicated without written permission from Rych McCain Media/Syndication. Violation is subject to applicable laws


This blog is ranked #9 in the Top 20 Hollywood Blogs from the massive worldwide data base of FeedSpot.com


  

Travis Wolfe Jr. Shines In

"Bob Heart Abishola" - TV


Rych McCain International/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Columnist

Travis Wolfe Jr. Shines in CBS Comedy

 “Bob Heart Abishola.” 

   

Travis Wolfe Jr.
  The CBS-TV Network introduced a new comedy last fall titled “Bob Heart Abishola.”  The show will be entering its second season with the clearing of COVID 19. The concept is a White businessman Bob (Billy Gardell). who falls for his Nigerian immigrant nurse Abishola (Folake Olowofoyek), while she cares for him in the hospital following a heart attack. The show was created and produced by Emmy Award winning Chuck Lorre who has a list of mega hit TV shows to his credits too long to list.

      The nurse Abishola, has a young son named Dele, whom she keeps a tight grip on his direction in life following the Nigerian tradition of child rearing. Dele is played by 13 year-old Travis Wolfe Jr., a homegrown product of Northeast Philadelphia who spent his early childhood school years attending J.H. Moore Elementary. It begs to wonder if he will follow the same path blazed by another Philly native, Will Smith?

(L

(L Folake Olowofoyek (R) Travis Wolfe Jr.
       What was the audition process like for you in getting booked for the part? Wolfe lights up, “I’m from Philadelphia. I booked it during my first year in LA. One day my agent said you have an audition and you have to do a Nigerian accent. I said OK, that’s different, I never done this before so let’s try it out. So I did the audition and ended up getting a call back. Then I found out that it was for producer Chuck Lorre. So I went in and audition and ended up booking it. I was really excited. It is my first ever series regular role. I couldn’t be happier to start it off on CBS and be produced by Chuck Lorre. It was really exciting.”

 
      What is it like on the set? Wolfe explains, “It’s really cool. We have a little dance off where we play some music to warm up. Everybody’s energy on the set is just electric. Everyone is so nice. Especially Billy (pays Bob), he tries to make it fun for me knowing that I’m the only kid. I have a really great time over there. Everyone’s cool.” The show is taped at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank.
 
      Bing a child actor, will he stick with it or does he think his direction may change to doing something else? Wolfe states, “Acting has been a passion of mine for a very long time since I was 7 or 8. I feel that this is my calling and I want to use it to spread positivity, give back to my community and also to show that we can do anything if you just put your mind to it.”

 © 2020 Rych McCain Media/Syndication TM 
(You DID Hear It From Me!) 
Twitter@rychmccain and Facebook (Like Me)