Monday, January 14, 2013

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Movie




Arnold Schwarzenegger - Movie

By Rych McCain International/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Columnist




Arnold Schwarzenegger

He’s Back And He’s Still Bad!

Photos Courtesy of Lionsgate Films


     He has basically been there and done it all from being a professional body building world champion that includes an amazing seven “Mr. Olympia” titles that is still the record to being a successful businessman, environmentalist, philanthropist, best-selling author, the highest paid action hero in Hollywood and California’s 38th Governor. 


Schwarzenegger as Sheriff Ray Owens
     Love him or hate him, Arnold Schwarzenegger is back on the big silver screen with a new action flick “The Last Stand.” This movie may be one of his best yet in terms of the plot, action and of course the famous comedic one-liners. Schwarzenegger does not disappoint and appears to have not lost one step with his acting chops while serving a seven year stint as California Governor. In short – he’s back and well on his way to another block buster hit.



Johnny Knoxville and Schwarzenegger
     When asked the obvious question of his comeback, Schwarzenegger is all smiles to explain saying, “First of all, it’s great to be back. As you remember, that when I got into the Governorship in 2003,  I said I only would go and run the State for the seven years that were remaining then I would be back into the movie business. So it was just sort of kind of stepping out of the movie business rather than now I’m going back to the movie business. I was a public servant for seven years working for the State of California; now I’m back again. 


The only thing is; that when you have left the movie business for seven years, it’s kind of like a scary thing to come back because you don’t know if you are accepted or not. There could be a whole new generation of action heroes who come up in the meantime. Things change very quickly in our business but I was very pleasantly surprised when I was doing the cameo in “The Expendables” that there was such a great positive reaction towards my appearance that Sly asked me then to do the second “Expendables” and there was even a bigger reaction. So this is now my first starring role and I’m very happy that I chose a movie to work with very talented people and a producer that I had full trust in because we have worked 

 

Jaimie Alexander and Schwarzenegger
together on several projects before and we kept our relationship alive throughout the seven years. So Lorenzo(Lorenzo di Bonaventura the film’s producer), came to me and said I want to have your first movie. So it’s really great to be back and watch the reaction of the people. Acting wise I felt comfortable being back again. It’s kind of like riding a bike or skiing, you click right back into it again.”



The crack team
     While he was away in Sacramento, did he miss Hollywood and now that he is back, does he miss anything about Sacramento? Schwarzenegger chuckles, “I really didn’t miss anything. I think that you get so engrossed in what you are doing and it is such a huge responsibility to run a State. California is the number one State in the union and this is the number one country so you really have a huge responsibility especially when you have legislators that are somewhat out of control. And to bring republicans and democrats together is always a miracle because everybody is so stuck into their ideological corners that they can’t kind of free themselves from that. So it takes a lot of effort to get things done. But because you are so into it and passionate about serving your State, you really don’t have time to miss things in the movie business. 


Forest Whitaker and Schwarzenegger
I was very happy to do that. It was the most gratifying and the most challenging thing that I’ve ever done. It was an honor for me to serve the people and after the seven years were done, I didn’t look for another public servant job because I didn’t want to be a career politician. I didn’t see myself as that and I went back to the movie business. It’s great now to be back again and I can turn it off. There’s not much I miss about being Governor. I’m on with my USC Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy. I’m working on policy and environmental issues on an ongoing basis and at the same time I will be doing movies.”


  © 2013 Rych McCain Media/Syndication tm 
(You DID Hear It From Me!) 
Twitter@rychmccain