Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cymphonique - TV



Cymphonique
Delightful Teen With A Sizzling, Positive New TV Show!

By Rych McCain, International/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Columnist


Cymphonique, (Photo by Michael Elms for Nickelodeon TV Network)


     I’m sitting at a massively long meeting table in the conference room for stage 25 at Paramount Studios. This is one of the most famous sound stages in show business whose hallowed floors have hosted among others, “I love Lucy,” “The Lucy Show,” “Taxi,” “Cheers,” “Frazier,” “True Jackson, VP” and now Nickelodeon’s new teen live-action dramedy series “How To Rock.” As I settle into my comfy seat, it doesn’t take long for the show’s star, fifteen year-old Cymphonique Miller (PKA Cymphonique) to grace the room. She is gorgeous, funny, witty, intelligent, very articulate and dressed fly! The fact that Cymphonique is the baby daughter of rap music mogul and businessman Master P and of course little sis to rapper/actor/athlete Romeo Miller is slowly becoming irrelevant “old-hat” information as she  methodically carves her own niche in the biz. 

     In her new show, Cymphonique plays Kacey Simon, a teen who was once a “mean girl” in a clique who called themselves “The Perfs” (meaning perfect) but she fell out of favor with them after she has to get glasses and braces. She soon discovers that hanging with a new group of friends may not be as bad as it first seemed. The season will follow Kacey as she navigates through high school social circles, real and fake friendships and learns how to rock her “real” self. The show basically carries a positive message for teens to be themselves because at the end of the day that is only who you can actually be anyway! Now for those who assume that Cymphonique got this show due to the workings of her dad, think again---she didn’t! She actually auditioned just like anyone else and they didn’t even know who she was until after they had chosen her. She explains, “I went in for a general audition when I was twelve. We flew to New York and this was just a general audition. It wasn’t necessarily for the show “How To Rock.” When I went, I decided that I didn’t want them to know who I was related to at all. No dad, I’m not saying who you are, I don’t want them to know who Romeo is, when I do this audition I want to do this for me.” 

     When describing the audition experience Cymphonique lights up, “I had to do many different things in the script. I had to sing, dance, act and do different voices. So literally for this one video clip, I was doing all of these different tasks. I went back home and a month later we got a call saying we really like Cymphonique’s video, we want to do something with you. So not until then, they were like wait a minute, that’s Romeo’s sister who we already had a show with and she did a general audition? They were like how did we not know this? So it feels so special for me and I feel like I was meant to be here because they loved me for who I was before they knew who I was related to. Nickelodeon is like m extended family!” 

     When she gets into talking about the show, Cymphonique emphasizes that it is basically being true to who you are. She adds, “It’s got music in it so we have a new song each episode which is really cool and we also love physical comedy and each week we do crazy stunts.” How does Cymphonique fair in comparison to her character Kacey Simon? She laughs, “I would have to say that the way that Kacey Simon dresses and my style defer a little bit just because Kacey Simon is more of a girly girl. She like always has skirts, she does her hair way more fly than me. I’m more like edgy glam. That’s my style, that’s what I like. I love jewelry, I love to accessorize. I love sparkly things. I always love shinny skinny jeans and boots and I love Doc Martens!” Check out her website cymphonique.com. The show premieres Saturday, Feb 4 at 8:30 P.M. (ET/PT) on The Nickelodeon TV Network.

             
© 2012 Rych McCain Media/Syndication TM
 (You DID Hear It From Me)!
E-Mail: feedbackrych@sbcglobal.net