Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tammi Mac One Woman Show Review - Theater



(C) 2014 by Rych McCain, All Rights Reserved. No part of this column may be reprinted, re-posted or duplicated without written permission from Rych McCain Media/Syndication. Violation is subject to applicable laws.


Tammi Mac One Woman Show Review - Theater

By Leroya Sanford, Poet and Stand-Up Comic (The Crown Princess of Comedy TM)

Facebook (Like Me)




Tammi Mac’s “Bag Lady”
I’ve seen quit a few plays.  I have to admit that many of them were just okay or bored me.  I think it was because it wasn’t written, directed or performed for my demographic.  There is a group that I think is overlooked i.e., the tweens and/or teenagers. 


   
Tammi Mac Actress/Radio Personality

     Tammi Mac, KJLH-FM radio host, was performing her one woman play “Bag Lady” and I wanted to go to the show and support her.  I didn’t know what to expect.   I asked my Dad to buy the tickets online but the show was sold out.  This was the last weekend and come to find out; the last three shows were sold out as well.   My Dad took the chance to take me anyway hoping someone would be there scalping tickets.  We were blessed and got tickets and got in just before the show started.  I looked around and Stage 52 was packed from floor to ceiling.  From the start, I was drawn in and it didn’t let go.  
     
 
    Tammi Mac delivered an outstanding performance. She made me laugh, she made me cry.  The message she delivered left me in awe and I was not alone.  At its conclusion, both men and women stood at and gave a standing ovation.  Although the show had some adult themes and language, I think every female should see it.  Well, on second thought, maybe they should be at least 14 years old.  (10 to 12 years old for those “fast-girls.”)  Bag Lady takes you on a deep journey of relationships from an innocent little girl thru adulthood.   If you missed it, you missed a good one because the audience left entertained and much wiser, like the feeling you get after eating a good satisfying meal chatting with your old school relatives at the dinner table. However, I do have some good news.

  

   The play is being made into a Web Series, short versions of her personal experiences with a new episode being released every month.  Check out her youTube channel at:  “TammiMacTV”. You may even have an opportunity to have your own story produced as a webisode by emailingBagLady2014@gmail.com. 


Leroya Sanford (Crown Princess Of Comedy TM)


© 2014 Rych McCain Media/Syndication TM 
(You DID Hear It From Me!) 
Twitter@rychmccain and Facebook (Like Me)