Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vanessa Hudgens - Film


(C) 2014 by Rych McCain, All Rights Reserved. No part of this column may be reprinted, re-posted or duplicated without written permission from Rych McCain Media/Syndication. Violation is subject to applicable laws.


Vanessa Hudgens - TV

By Rych McCain International/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Columnist

www.Twitter.com/rychmccain and
Facebook: Superstar Celebrity Interviewer (Like Me)



Vanessa Hudgens

Like You’ve Never Seen Her Before!

Photo by Roadside Attractions & Day 28 Films

        
Vanessa Hudgens as Apple
Most of her long time fans know her as the foxy looking cutie-pie who innocently charms the socks off of the male viewers on the big and small screens in such movies as “Thirteen,” “Thunderbirds,” “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island” and TV shows such as “The Suite Life of Zach & Cody.” Vanessa Hudgens has been in the acting/singing game since age 8 but it was her role in the Disney “High School Musical” film franchise that really propelled her into superstardom and even made her somewhat of a wholesome sex symbol in teen fan magazines, TV entertainment shows and teen websites. In her latest film, Hudgens takes a journey down the dark path of an abused teen runaway who has been in and out of ten foster homes and is on the streets pregnant, desperate with no where to go. 


        The film titled “Gimme Shelter” is based on the true story of a teen girl who not only lived the movie’s storyline but managed to come through it all.


     Hudgens’ fans who are used to seeing her sexy and fine will be shocked at the transformation she undergoes to become a dirty, unkempted, foul mouth, harden street thug who trusts no one and will do whatever it takes to survive. Her looks and acting are so authentic and believable that this may be the pivotal role of her career in showing that yes indeed she can seriously act. Even though the cliques who make up the voting blocks in the Academy may totally disregard this movie and its cast come next year for the 2015 Oscar nominations this columnist is more than convinced that Hudgens’ performance is without question “Best Lead Actress” worthy!


Apple in church
        When she accepted this script, what was her approach to playing this role? Hudgens replies, “I knew that it would take a lot of hard work but it was hard work that I was willing to give. I’ve never had the opportunity to put that kind of work in and it’s really special. I think that it’s kind of an actor’s dream to be really able to spend all day, every day developing a character and understanding someone and this had such a strong message. I don’t know, I just reallyconnected with the characters as soon as I read it and I just knew this was something that I had to do for myself


Apple and dad (Brendan Fraser)
      This film has serious emotional highs and lows throughout. How did Hudgens manage to come down from all of this emotion after the day’s work was done? She chuckles, “While I was doing it, I thought that I was definitely turning it on and off but as soon as we wrapped, I realized it had been on the entire time because then I only knew my character and I didn’t know how to be myself. So that’s when I actually realized that I had stayed in it for so long. I was riding on a total high while I was doing this movie just because everyday was so thrilling. To be able to scenes that we did was an amazing accomplished feeling but I don’t think I was aware of how in it I was until afterwards.”


    
Father McCarthy (James Earl Jones)
This movie was shot at an actual shelter in New Jersey and Hudgens lived in it with the girls to get the feel of it. The girls were also in the movie as extras and Hudgens was inspired by them. One girl in particular really bonded with Hudgens and the film’s director Ron. Hudgens reflects with warm feelings saying, “I became very close with her and she really opened my eyes up to how much it takes. I mean I can put myself in that situation and I did the movie and I felt like I had a good grasp on it but stepping outside of that and looking in she just inspires me so much because she seriously is one of the strongest young women that I know. And it makes me sad because I don’t think she even knows how strong she is and I want her to. So for me, something that I’m trying to do is to show her how amazing and incredible she is and how she is going to inspire so many people with her story. I adore her. Her story speaks for itself.”



© 2014 Rych McCain Media/Syndication TM 
(You DID Hear It From Me!) 
Twitter@rychmccain and Facebook