Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cierra Ramirez - Film



Cierra Ramirez
Hollywood Teen In Progress To Succeed!


By Rych McCain, International/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Columnist



Cierra Ramirez (Photo Courtesy of Lionsgate Films)
      Starting young in show business is a daunting task. The chase for success is formidable enough for an adult, let alone a child. But there are those exceptions that have the metal it takes to weather the game’s challenges. Seventeen year-old, Houston native Cierra Ramirez has been at it since she was seven. Ramirez wowed the crowd as a ten year-old on “Live At The Apollo” belting the Jennifer Holiday tune “I Am Changing.” And as expected, Ramirez made her way to Hollywood landing appearances on TV in “Desperate Housewives,” “Zoey 101” and “CSI: Miami.” She played the lead role as Stella in the Nickelodeon TV movie “Star and Stella Save The World” and made her feature film debut in “All In” opposite Dominique Swain and Michael Madsen. Remirez may best be known as Jasmine on the Disney Channel’s “The Sweet Life of Zack and Cody.” As a singer, she has opened for “Earth, Wind and Fire,” “Chicago,” “ American Idol” alums Ruben Studdard, Kimberly Coldwell and Ace Young. 

(L) Eva Mendez (R) Cierra Ramirez (Lionsgate Films Photo)


     With her latest role in the new movie “Girl In Progress,” Ramirez stars as Ansiedad, the disgruntled only child of Grace played by Eva Mendes. This role not only allows Remirez to showcase her wide acting range but will also establish her as a legit lead actress contender. Her cutie-pie looks also place her in the teen superstar class with her peers Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and others. What were the drawing points of the Ansiedad character for Ramirez? She smiles, “What drew me into this character was definitely the transition that she goes through all the way from good girl to bad girl. She goes through everything in between. I thought that was a lot of fun because you don’t come across many roles like that. And the fact that through all of it over everything, it was all just for the love of her mother. I think that was very important.”

     In the movie Ansiedad maps out an entire, organized life experience gameplan on a wall stick-up board in her bedroom. Would Ramirez do something like that in real life? She giggles at the prospect saying, “I’m not as intelligent as her like in that sense. I would never think about mapping out a whole coming of age story I couldn’t just bring it down to a couple of oh I need to change this, oh I need to change that, I just kind of ride the wave of growing up. I’m not in a rush to grow up.” Being a co-lead in a major movie will definitely catch the attention of girls her age and younger which may draw the attention of the role model spotlight being pointed her way. How does Ramirez react to the prospect of being placed in that position? She reflects seriously on this one; “I’ve never been looked to I think as a role model or at least this far into my career. But I don’t know how I feel about that because I don’t think I’m in any position to guide someone on how to grow up because I’m still learning myself.”

     Does her philosophical views even at such a young age influence the type of roles that she favors? Ramirez lights up, “I really like stories with messages and making people aware of certain things no matter what. I booked a series “The Secret Life Of The American Teenager” and the character is 15 and pregnant. It’s something that not many people would approve of but it’s something that is a big problem here and it’s common. So I think it’s great to spread awareness.” 

Rych McCain Media/Syndication tm 
(You DID Hear It From Me!)
 E-Mail: feedbackrych@sbcglobal.net 

No comments: